Accidents are unplanned occurrences that result in injuries, illness, death and loss of property and/or production. By managing risk and implementing a safety management system, injuries, illnesses and workplace incidents can be reduced and even eliminated.
- Know the Hazards
- Be aware of surroundings. Look around and identify workplace hazards that could cause harm.
- Implement strategies to reduce or eliminate hazards.
- Report unsafe areas or practices.
- Dress for the weather.
- Use the EHS job hazard analysis tools to identify hazards associated with job types.
2. Create a Safe Work Area
- Keep an orderly workplace. Poor housekeeping can cause serious health and safety hazards. The layout of the workplace should have adequate egress routes and be free of debris.
- Inspect vehicles before and after use. DRIVE SAFELY.
- Continually cultivate a