Think ghosts and goblins are scary? Think again! We’ve got some fun, sad and scary facts for you this Halloween.
Scary monsters show up on Halloween, but the workplace can be scary all year round. Here are 11 scary facts about the workplace:
- The average work desk is approximately 400 times dirtier than the average toilet seat. A recent study found there are in fact around 10 million bacteria that live on your office desk.
- People with sedentary jobs are twice as likely to die of heart disease than those with active jobs.
- Roughly 10,000 Japanese workers drop dead at their desks as the result of 60- to 70-hour work weeks. This phenomenon is called “karoshi.”
- 71% of American workers are disengaged at work.
- 58% of people say they trust strangers more than their own boss.