This month Community Expert, Mark Mann, lead our member’s discussion on Workplace Violence Prevention. He discussed workplace violence prevention and the challenges an EHS professional faces when identifying risks of violence within their workplace. Here is a recap of what Mark, and our EHSQ Community members discussed during the open discussion.
We invite you to view the Recording of the Live Member Open Discussion which inspired this month’s Learning’s from Safety Professionals post; “link to recording here”.
What does “workplace violence” include for you?
To begin the discussion, Mark asked our members to share their opinions on what they believe workplace violence can look like.
Workplace violence can include:
- Everything from bullying to terrorism,
- Past patterns or predictable violence,
- Threats to person or property,
- Intentional damage to operations,
- Words and pre-attack indicators, and
- Failure to share known warning signs (due to innocent ignorance or social stigma