2021 Sustainability Award Winners Announced by the Business Intelligence Group
Today, the Business Intelligence Group announced the winners in the 2021 Sustainability Awards program. Michael Tuohy, VP of Environment and Sustainability, was named a Sustainability Hero of the Year.
The Sustainability Awards honor those who have made sustainability an integral part of their business practice. “We are so proud to reward and recognize all of our winners and finalists, as they provide the leadership and vision needed to protect our environment,” said Maria Jimenez, Chief Nominations Officer, Business Intelligence Group.
Organizations of all sizes submitted nominations to reward team members and gain exposure for the organization, its initiatives and the exemplary accomplishments of its leaders as they work to reduce their impact on our environment.
“Intelex is a company that not only says it values ESG, but truly believes in the importance of it and takes actions that genuinely help our clients have positive global impacts,” said Tuohy. “It is an honor to be stepping into the role of Vice President of Environment and Sustainability, where I can continue to grow our innovative team that designs, builds and delivers the leading ESG Management Software solution.”
Tuohy recently was named to the position of VP of Environment and Sustainability, and he and Steven Lavoie, who recently was named Senior Product Manager of Environment, are well-placed to drive rapid innovation within the environmental and sustainability sectors.
In addition to Tuohy’s award, Intelex’s ESG Management Suite won product of the year by the Business Intelligence Group. “Working at Intelex, with other like-minded people who collaboratively have the same end goal of delivering out-of-the-box, efficient and effective ESG solutions, is an honor,” said Lavoie.
Some of the 2021 Sustainability Award winners include:
Sustainability Hero of the Year (Executive)
- Francisco Morocz, Co-Founder and CEO, Heila Technologies
- Apolónia Rodrigues, President, Dark Sky®
- Michael Tuohy, Vice President, Environment & Sustainability, Intelex Technologies ULC
- Kyra Whitten, Vice President, Sustainability, and President, Flex Foundation, Flex
Sustainability Champion of the Year (Non-executive)
- Jennie Galbraith, Group Head of ESG, British American Tobacco
- Dr. Debbie Mielewski, Technical Fellow of Sustainability, Ford Motor Company
- Fabien Thibault, Global Manager of Product and Packaging Sustainability, Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany
Sustainability Initiative of the Year (Project)
- Arkema’s Advanced Bio-Circular Materials and Sustainable Castor Bean Farming Initiatives
- Brightmark’s Ashley, Indiana Plastics Renewal Facility
- IIFL Home Finance’s Kutumb
- Bausch + Lomb ONE By ONE Recycling Program
- RESOLUTE FOREST PRODUCTS
- DuPont Water Solutions
- Great Eagle Green Influential Programmed
- T-Mobile USA Inc.
- NextWave Plastics, convened by Lonely Whale
- EarthKind: The Year of the Monarch
- Powercast: Using RF Power for battery replacement to significantly reduce E-waste
- U.S Army, AMCOM Logistics Center (ALC) Distribution Center (DC) RFID Warehouse and SCM Solution
- Recyclops: Bringing Recycling Where It Doesn’t Exist
Sustainability Leadership Award (Organization)
- Adore Me
- Banyan Water
- Belkin International
- CVS Health
- Dark Sky Association
- FedEx Ground
- Kohler Co.
- Lattice Semiconductor
- Longevity Partners
- Origin Materials
- PepsiCo Beverages North America (PBNA)
- RESOLUTE FOREST PRODUCTS
- World Energy
About Business Intelligence Group
The Business Intelligence Group was founded with the mission of recognizing true talent and superior performance in the business world. Unlike other industry award programs, business executives—those with experience and knowledge—judge the programs.
About Intelex’s Environmental and Sustainability Solutions
Intelex makes it easy for companies to attain and maintain compliance with the profusion of complex and ever-changing environmental regulations around the world. Intelex’s suite of environment and sustainability applications establishes the core of a fully-customizable Environmental Management System suitable for any company size, any location and any line of business.
Click here for more about Intelex’s Environmental and Sustainability solutions.