Engage your workers in training and track the results in the Intelex Training application and you’ll discover the benefits extend beyond EHSQ.
Experts agree that the time spent on training can be a leading indicator that offers insight into the effectiveness of your safety and quality management systems. Effective training is a vital component to manage risk and build a strong and resilient safety and quality culture. Yet, challenges persist in many organizations. A global diverse workforce, lone worker and remote worker scenarios and evolving industry regulations add complexity to training efforts.
According to the article “Training Records: A Source for Leading Indicators,” on EHS Daily Advisor, “…Your training records can provide you with leading indicators you can use to evaluate the effectiveness of your overall safety program.”
For example, have employees completed their scheduled training? What percentage of employees complete all of their scheduled training? Do workers understand the training? Are they receiving passing grades on followup quizzes, for example? What was their feedback about the training? Did you get a thumbs up or a thumbs down for your training efforts?
How engaged employees are with training and the number of hours of training they receive are two leading indicators tracked by many Fortune 500 companies. They also plot the number of training hours against the number of recordable incidents. Most of the time, they find that more training correlates to fewer recordables.
Tracking training hours for employees and their response to the training doesn’t have to be difficult. Whatever spreadsheet or software you use to monitor your training program, you should be able to:
- Track and monitor training status – View training completion rates and manage courses through a centralized course inventory.
- Automate training workflow – Simplify the approval of course and training requests and manage a comprehensive training history.
- Track compliance – Create training modules that adhere to the Shareable Content Object Reference Model (SCORM) compliance standards for web-based e-learning.
- Get detailed insights and reporting – Generate reports with rich data visualization for auditing and communicating training results across the organization.
Join Aaron Davis, Senior Product Marketing Manager, and Adam Pollack, Senior Product Solution Consultant, for an hour-long product-focused webinar to learn how the Intelex Training Management application can help your organization optimize EHS and Quality training across your organization, helping you to optimize performance, reduce risk, and increase engagement.
In this session you will learn how to:
- Create new training programs through the interactive Quiz Builder, schedule training sessions, track registrations and attendees, and manage course instructors
- Track and monitor training progress at-a-glance and manage training courses through a centralized course inventory
- Leverage an automated training request and approval workflow to simplify the approval of course and session requests
- Generate comprehensive reporting and audit trail for streamlined audit and compliance.