Now that our Ready2Return conference has wrapped up, we’re excited to share some highlights from the Respond-themed day!
Respond-Themed Day: Highlights
Travis Vance of Fisher Phillips shared that of seven new policies and procedures that all organizations should implement to meet the challenges of COVID-19, the three that stand out are:
- The specific questions to ask affected employees to ensure they adhere to OSHA recordkeeping and reporting protocols (e.g. assessing workplace conditions of affected employees).
- The four actions required to follow protocol for confirmed and suspected cases (e.g. quarantine 6-15-48 employees).
- The five key considerations following remote working protocols (e.g. corporate competitiveness and wage issues).
Kellie Hart of Intelex Solutions, ULC, who examined the three post-peak employee profiles, also shared these key employee-focused insights:
- The key categories for employee stressors include economic, physical, mental and environment.
- Mental health initiatives are critical to business continuity as seven in ten professionals are currently suffering from burnout.
- An effective communication plan is vital for every stage of the response strategy
Samantha Sannella of Cushman and Wakefield, who shared her strategy to help organizations prepare their workplace facilities for a safe return, highlighted key considerations that are crucial for success:
- The importance of incorporating short-term initiatives (e.g. the workforce preparation plan, workplace tech assessments and employee readiness plan) as well as long-term considerations (e.g. site selection and revised interior design).
- Introducing employee engagement tools and apps.
June 9: Sessions at a Glance
The objective of the Respond-focused day was to present solutions that can be implemented and adopted quickly to adapt to changing conditions brought about by COVID-19 in a timely manner. The recommendations also focused on the importance of being agile and how and when to course correct.
Here’s an overview of the breakout sessions that took place:
|The 7 New Policies & Procedures You Must Consider in the Post-Pandemic Workplace||Travis Vance|
Partner, Fisher Phillips
|To examine the seven new policies and practices organizations should implement in order to effectively protect the long-term interests of their employees, contractors and customers.||Click here to access video|
|Six Feet Apart: Managing Workplace Physical Distancing||Tom Ash|
Global Account Director
|To share best practices for setting up a distancing plan for the new “six feet apart” approach to workplace safety.||Click here to access video|
|Preparing for the Three Employee Profiles in the Wake of COVID-19||Kellie Hart|
Vice President, Global HR Business Partners
Intelex Technologies & Industrial Scientific
|To showcase the three post-pandemic peak worker profiles- specifically, indifferent, balanced, anxious. Also, to help people managers identify and respond to visible and non-visible behaviors indicating that additional support is required.||Click here to access video|
|Preparing Workplace Facilities for a Safe Return||Samantha Sannella, BFA ID, M ARCH|
Managing Director, Strategic Consulting Canada
Cushman and Wakefield
|To examine best practices in safety management, which are designed to address challenges within the current landscape.||Click here to access video|
|Responding to COVID-19 Cases Within Your Organization||Bryden Waggott|
SVP – EHSQ Solutions
Intelex Technologies, ULC.
|To gain a holistic understanding of the effects COVID-19 in the workplace in order to effectively allocate resources, reduce risks and provide safer operating conditions.||Click here to access video|
To access your on-demand video of the session, please click here!