Organizations need to be proactive in facing risks that can impact their business.
Developing a strong culture of safety and quality and analyzing leading indicators as well as lagging indicators are steps in the right direction. The data required to make effective decisions can be overwhelming for EHSQ professionals. What to track, how to track it, and how to analyze it can be simplified.
Effectively streamlining EHSQ reporting and identifying the value of leading and lagging indicators will enable businesses to become more proactive in avoiding risk and solidifying their reputations as leaders in their industry. The careful selection and implementation of EHS software can be an excellent proactive step, one that will provide the tools to prevent a crisis before it happens.
Accurate reporting, data collection, and analysis empowers you to capture, track, investigate, and report on both lagging and leading indicators. These include incidents such injuries and illnesses, spills, property damage, and vehicle incidents, as well as leading indicators such as employee engagement, training, workplace observations and audits, and management of change processes.
This webinar will offer attendees information that will help them:
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and international standards.
- Identify root-causes of workplace incidents and protect their organizations from future occurrences.
- Effectively communicate the progress of each incident from start to finish.
- Eliminate improve efficiencies around the use of incident data, as well as leading and lagging indicators, to improve risk management.
- Easily import legacy data to trend information over time.