Barbeque salmon for dinner, anyone?
If you are a salmon lover, chances are you have eaten a Cermaq salmon. The company supplies to 70 countries around the world, providing more than 2.5 million salmon meals daily. Their vision is to provide the world with clean, healthy and sustainable food today and into the future.
Cermaq is one of the largest fish farming companies in the world, employing 4,200 workers worldwide and producing nearly 158,000 tons of salmon and trout each year through its locations in Norway, Canada and Chile with an operating revenue of US$1.16 billion.
To produce the highest-quality fish, Cermaq set out to improve its processes to achieve its strategic goals for quality and sustainability across a global footprint.
Cermaq was looking for a Quality Management Software system to help ensure the superiority of their products and in turn fulfil customer preferences. They set three initiatives for the Quality Management System to solve:
- Make the process of handling customer claims more efficient and effective,
- Handle multiple currency rates more effectively to quicken customer response times, and
- Lessen the amount of manual work involved in getting data into their systems
Cermaq implemented Intelex’s Incident Management software solution in 2015 and quickly realized positive results from an offering that was language-translatable, cloud-based and easy to customize. They have since expanded their investment with Intelex.
Today, Cermaq reports that engagement among all employees has skyrocketed. The company has:
- Experienced a 300-percent increase in incident reporting,
- Reduced dependence on multiple paper-based systems,
- Delivered a “single source of truth,” which allows employees around the world to work together and more effectively as a team, and,
- Provided quicker response times to customers.
Read the full case study.