On this week’s edition of EHS This Week we’ve got the week’s top stories in environment, health and safety news:
- Occupational injuries involving insects
- US ranks among top 10 international food safety violators
- The worst causes of injuries for food safety workers
- Transportation Safety Board of Canada releases Lac Megantic report
- Students organize workplace safety training
Remember to write us with your suggestions, questions and comments. Also, if you are an industry expert and ever want to take part in the program, we’d love to have you.
Until next week, enjoy the program!
EHS This Week Resources
For more information on the stories and resources mentioned in this week’s podcast, check out the links below.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics report on occupational injuries involving insects. Read it here.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Hazards & Exposures. Read about preventing insect-related injuries here.
- Analysis of International Food Safety Violations – 2013. Read it here.
- “What Causes the Worst Injuries to Food Industry Workers?” Read the article here.
- NIOSH’s workplace solutions for proper lockout and tagout procedures. Find them here.