On this week’s edition of EHS This Week we’ve got the week’s top stories in environment, health and safety news:
- Workers’ Memorial Day 2014 focus on chemical safety
- “Preventable Deaths 2014” report released
- Train carrying crude oil derails in Virginia
- Transport Canada announces new railway regulations
- IOSH launches new UAE branch
- NIOSH seeking proposals for mine-rescue robotics
- New report assesses environmental impacts of fracking
Remember to write us with your suggestions, questions and comments. Also, if you are an industry expert and ever want to take part in the program, we’d love to have you.
Until next week, enjoy the program!
EHS This Week Resources
For more information on the stories and resources mentioned in this week’s podcast, check out the links below.
- International Labour Organization (ILO): Safety and Health in the Use of Chemicals at Work. Read the report here.
- Preventable Deaths 2014 Report. Read the full report here.
- NIOSH seeking proposals for practical robotics technologies to support mine-rescue efforts. Read more here.
- Council of Canadian Academies: Environmental Impacts of Shale Gas Extraction in Canada. Read the report here.